If you’ve been thinking about going to college, now is the right time!
Futures for Frontliners is a new state scholarship program to give Michiganders who risked their health and lives working in essential industries during the state’s COVID-19 shutdown tuition-free access to public community colleges including Jackson College.
While enrollment in the state program opens in September 2020, and the scholarship will be available to Jackson College students beginning January 2021, qualified frontliners can take steps now to be ready when it starts.
To learn more, contact Jackson College Admissions or visit michigan.gov/frontliners. This page will be updated as the state releases additional information on the program.
Do I Qualify?
Eligible Workers Include
- Hospital and nursing home staff
- Grocery store employees
- Childcare providers serving critical infrastructure workers
- Personal protective equipment manufacturers
- Public safety employees
- Garbage collection workers
- Delivery drivers
To Be Eligible, You Must:
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have worked in an essential industry at least part-time for 11 of the 13 weeks between April 1 – June 30, 2020
- Have been required by their job to work outside the home at least some of the time between April 1 – June 30, 2020
- Not have previously earned an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan
- Complete a Futures for Frontliners scholarship application by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2020
Apply for Futures for Frontliners
Step 1: Apply for Futures for Frontliners
To receive the Futures for Frontliners scholarship funds, you must complete the application, which takes less than 10 minutes to complete.Futures for Frontliners Application
Step 2: Apply to Jackson College
To be eligible for the Futures for Frontliners grant, you must also apply to Jackson College.Jackson College Online Application
Step 3: Submit Your FAFSA
The FAFSA is financial aid provided by the federal government.How to Apply for the FAFSA
Step 4: Enroll in an eligible program
To receive the Futures for Frontliners scholarship funds, you must enroll in an eligible program and start classes in 2021. You must be in school at least half time and stay enrolled continuously through graduation. Contact Jackson College admissions for help in enrolling in an eligible program.