Get healthy at free HealthWise screening event!
July 16, 2019
Jackson College will present the HealthWise Screening Event from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 9 in the Health Laboratory Center on the Jackson Central Campus.
HealthWise provides an opportunity for community members to choose from a variety of health screening services available free of charge. A variety of services will be offered.
Free screenings that are offered by appointment only include:
- Vascular Screenings – Carotid Artery Stenosis, Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD), Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AA)
- Venous Insufficiency Screenings – If you suffer from: leg swelling; varicose veins, feeling of heaviness in legs
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Panel Cholesterol Testing – Available for a charge of $20. Blood sample is collected with a finger stick. The test requires patients to be fasting, nothing to eat or drink for eight hours prior.
(Please go online to http://www.jccmi.edu/healthwise or call 517.990.1374 Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. to schedule services by appointment)
Free screenings (no appointment necessary) including:
- Blood pressure
- Chair massages by Sacred Touch Massage
- Chiropractic services with Dr. Chuck Ferry: Includes consultation, chiropractic examination, and orthopedic examinations as needed.
- Diabetic foot care
- Glucose testing
- Hearing screenings by Dr. Kristin Regan of Here 4 You Hearing Center
- Pulmonary function
- Cholesterol testing by Henry Ford Allegiance Health & Jackson College
- Healthy Snacks
- Heart Healthy Walk
- Jackson College Oasis tours and information on mental health.
Nurse practitioner Rachel Nichols of the Jackson College Health Clinic will provide exit consultations. Jackson College students, supervised by registered technologists and college faculty, will perform many services. For more information, visit www.jccmi.edu/healthwise, or contact Heather Ruttkofsky, program director for vascular sonography, at 517.796.8531.