Jackson College is an equal opportunity employer. JC does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex or gender, height or weight, familial or marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disability or handicap, service in the military, veteran’s status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local law. The College is committed to continuing efforts to strengthen and improve its recruitment and selection process.
After Receipt of Application
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. If you do not see an email in your inbox, please check your junk folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list.
Please review the position posting carefully and make sure you meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates who do not meet the posted minimum qualifications or whose application is incomplete will receive an email notice that their application is no longer under consideration for the position. You can also log back into your on-line account to check the status of your application.
Important Note about References
If your application moves forward in the hiring process the references you list on your application will receive an automated email requesting that they submit a reference for you. You must provide valid email addresses for your references. If you do not want your current employer contacted do not list your current supervisor or co-workers as a references. If you are offered the position we may require additional references from your current employer.
After the Position Posting Closes
The steps of the hiring process may vary but are generally:
- The Hiring Manager and search committee review applications of the candidates who met the posted minimum qualifications and select those who will be invited to interview for the position. Candidates who are not invited to interview are notified by email.
- Candidates selected for interview are contacted to schedule interviews by either email or phone. The college may elect to conduct telephone or skype interviews prior to on campus interviews.
- Following interviews the search committee members recommend their preferred candidate(s) to the member of Leadership Council who represents the hiring department.
- The Leadership Council member meets with the recommended candidate(s) and determines if the candidate will move forward to meet with the Leadership Council as a whole.
- If Leadership Council decides to move the recommended candidate forward, a Human Resources representative will contact the candidate with a contingent offer. If the offer is accepted, Human Resources will complete a thorough criminal background check and contact additional references, if needed (i.e. current or most recent employer/supervisor).
- If the background and reference checks are acceptable, the candidate is notified and scheduled for New Employee Orientation.
- Any candidates who interview for a position but are not selected are notified by email or telephone.
- Jackson College Human Resources Department only accepts on-line applications and does not accept resumes or applications for positions that are NOT currently posted.
- One application can be used to apply to multiple positions (your application will be saved).
- Creating an application does not make you an applicant. You must view a position posting and go through the process of submitting your application for a specific position to become an applicant.
- An email address is required to complete the application process.
- Campus crime statistics are available on the JC Safety and Security website.
- Submitting multiple applications for the same position does not enhance your chances of being hired.