Information Technology Liaisons
IT Liaisons’ purpose is to:
- Promote relationships between Information Technology and the Jackson College community.
- Obtain the optimal use of IT systems and resources.
- Support understanding of current and emergent campus technologies.
- Facilitate communication between Information Technology and the Jackson College community.
Member Roles and Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities may vary based upon the specific members role in the institution. Below are activities that represent the intended nature of IT Liaisons.
- Inform departmental users of changes in technology and current IT issues.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and recommendations on all IT related issues across campus.
- Provide technical guidance on the advantages, disadvantages and potential impact of emerging technologies (i.e. operating system changes, application changes, hardware changes).
- Participate in end user testing and beta testing of updates and new releases.
- Work with information Technology to communicate the status of Information Technology initiatives to the Jackson College community.
- Update Information Technology of departmental issues and new initiatives.
- Advise how the projects may be implemented.
- Propose and provide guidance on policy related to information technology issues.
Membership is open to all Jackson College employees. Information Technology will identify and invite members to ensure that all employee groups and departments are appropriately represented.
Meetings are held monthly for 1.5 hours. Days and times may vary to accommodate teaching schedules, and provide opportunity for maximum participation. Members are encouraged to bring a brown-bag lunch to the meeting.
Lisa Taylor, 517.796.8673
Lisa Taylor, Jim Jones, Marcie Clone, Randy Bentley, Jennifer Dobbs, Keegan Moore, Ashley Banks, Del Belcher, Erik Brown, Larry Choate, Tonia Compton, Sandy DiCesare, Sarah Ebersole, Katie Fall, Shannon Fischer, Angel Fonseca, Dianne Hill, Karen Hocter, Amanda Janes, Chas Lietaert, Chuck Maat, Michael Masters, Sandra McDaniels, Brian Newberry, Mark Ott, Morgan Phillips, Kris Pursell, BJ Satkowski, Debora Schissler, Kimberly Seaburg, Kate Thirolf, Steven Tuckey, Melissa Weatherwax, Heather Wollet