Internships for Credit
The Work-Based Learning Program at Jackson College is an academic program where students earn academic credit and learn to apply classroom skills while establishing professional contacts with employers on the job. These opportunities are offered through collaboration with local business, industry and governmental organizations. Students who participate must meet the eligibility requirements determined by faculty within their chosen program of study.
Approved students currently pursuing a degree are eligible to use the resources and information provided by the work-based learning coordinator. Students interested in participating in the Work-Based Learning Program for credit must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be designated part of a degree program.
- Students must have completed all prerequisites required by their program of study
- Students must have the consent of the program’s internship faculty member and submitted all necessary paperwork to the Work-Based Learning Coordinator prior to registering for the internship course.
*This policy does not apply to students in Allied Health or Nursing Programs.*
** International Students must have DSO approval before beginning an internship. **
- Student completes work-based learning application, letting both faculty and work-based learning coordinator know that they intend to begin their search for a position.
- Student meets with work-based learning coordinator to discuss resources and contacts
- Student begins application/interview process
Once Position is obtained
- Fills out learning agreement with supervisor; includes learning objectives
- Site visit is completed to check suitability
- Student is registered for work-based learning class
- Students maintain weekly contact with faculty
- Student and supervisor fill out midway evaluation and submit for review
- Site visit is conducted to discuss midway evaluation and how everything is going (one-on-one with both student and supervisor)
- Supervisor fills out final evaluation and submits it to the faculty member
- Student submits all required assignments as determined by faculty member
- Student and employer complete work-based learning survey
If you believe you are ready for your internship please, complete the Work-Based Learning Application. This must be signed by your designated Faculty member before submission.
International Students must have approval from the DSO, please use the below application.
Find a Position
Jobs for Jets
Jackson College uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Search for job opportunities across the United States, post your resume, target companies and find the right fit. This interactive website connects students and alumni with employers looking for qualified applicants for full-time and part-time positions, internships, and volunteer/service opportunities.
- Job/internship postings on Jackson College’s exclusive Job Board as well as access to National postings
- Easy to use Resume Builder, or upload a resume file to easily apply for a position.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central to support your resume and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, videos, podcast, and articles from over 125 authors.
Other recommended Search Sites: