George E. Potter Outstanding Student Award
Each year one student currently enrolled at Jackson College is selected to receive the George E. Potter Outstanding Student Award. The recipient will be presented with a JC Scholarship for $1,000 or a cash award, the student’s choice.
The student will be chosen on the basis of:
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Pride in school
- Exemplifies the mission values and beliefs of the college
- Academic achievement (minimum 3.0 GPA and 30 credit hours)
- College involvement/service with positive impact on the College
- Community involvement/service with positive impact on the community
Any currently enrolled full-time student at Jackson College meeting the criteria above is eligible to be nominated for the award. Nominations may be made by any JC employee, student or board member.
Nominations must address criteria listed above and must provide specific reasons why the nominee should receive the award. The selection committee considers the quality, rather than the number, of nominations received for a candidate.