Graduation applications should be submitted using the Graduation Overview feature in JetStream. Students must complete and application for each degree or certificate desired. A paper application is also available.
Students are only eligible to apply online after they have registered for all classes required to complete their program of study.
Students should contact their Student Success Navigator for assistance in completing their graduation application.
When applying for graduation, students must follow one of the following guidelines. For further questions, please contact the Registrar at 517.796.8584.
- Currently Enrolled Students
- Complete degree or certificate requirements from the current catalog (year of graduation), or
- Complete degree or certificate requirements from the catalog in effect the year a student first entered JC (the catalog of entry) or any subsequent catalog provided that the student has maintained continuous enrollment at JC. If a student has not attended JC for one calendar year, a new catalog of entry is established at the time of re-enrollment.
- Previously Enrolled Students
Students have five academic years to apply for graduation from the time they completed their last course at JC. The catalog in effect at the time of application will apply.
You must apply for graduation by the following dates:
Anticipated Graduation Application Deadline Fall November 15 Winter April 1 Spring June 15 (for commencement participation, Spring application deadline is April 1)
*Special deadline dates are published on the commencement webpage for commencement participation, if desired.
After you have submitted your application for graduation, an official degree audit will be conducted and e-mailed to your JC account by Student Services. Your degree audit will confirm degree completion progress or inform you of any deficiencies you may need to complete to receive your degree.
Commencement is held annually in May. Fall graduates along with Winter and Spring candidates are invited to attend.
Spring semester candidates are invited to attend if they:
- Apply by the specially posted commencement participation deadline
- Are within 10 credits of graduating or in a second admit program designed to complete in the Spring and registered for courses needed to complete his/her degree at the time of application.
At the end of the term for which you applied to graduate in, a final degree audit will be conducted. All diplomas are mailed 9 to 12 weeks following the end of the semester to students.