Jets Village Family Residences
Jackson College is launching a whole-student parent education and support program with Jets Village Family Residences. This program aims to create generational change by uplifting student-parents and supporting them in achieving an Associate’s Degree while living on campus in our new and beautifully designed homes. This program includes elements such as employment services, academic tutoring, housing, priority hiring for part-time campus employment, and student success mentoring.
How Many People can live in one unit?
One unit has a maximum building occupancy of 5 persons. The maximum building occupancy of the ADA compliant unit is 3 persons. No family will be approved to house a number of individuals that exceeds the maximum tiny home occupancy.
Jets Village Family Residences are reserved for students who meet one of the following criteria:
- Expecting parents
- Married couples
- Single students with dependent children
- Legally married, with dependent children
- Domestic partners, with dependent children
Domestic partners are defined as two persons:
- Who declare that they are in a relationship of mutual support, caring and commitment
- You have mutually agreed to be responsible for each other’s common welfare, to be jointly responsible for each other’s basic living expenses
- Who are not related by blood in a manner that would bar marriage in the State of Michigan
- Neither of whom are married or in any other domestic partnership
- Who are at least 18 years of age and otherwise competent to enter into a contract
Jets Village residents agree to:
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time student. This means a minimum of 12 credits during the Fall semester, minimum of 12 credits during the Spring semester, and minimum of 6 credits during the Summer semester;
- Students must enroll in summer semester courses;
- Students will be required to participate to a minimum of 4 hours per week in the College’s Center for Student Success for academic tutoring assistance. This can take place as virtual tutoring hours when in person tutoring is unavailable;
- Students will be required to meet regularly with their Student Success Navigator to review their academic progress (minimally on a monthly basis);
- Students will meet monthly with the Director of Student Life for regular check-in and success coaching. Occasionally an educational presentation for all Jets Village students will take the place of a success coaching meeting;
Cost and Contract Term
Jets Village contracts are 12-month terms to encourage achievement of an Associate’s Degree and provide stable housing for our families. Term length can be adjusted on a case-by-case basis by the Director of Housing. A Jets Village unit costs $5,100 per year. That’s a rate equal to only $425 a month! All utilities and internet are included.
For more information on CV4 Family Residences, please fill out the form below and someone will be in contact with you.
Together we inspire and transform lives.