Education & Training Opportunities
How is a campus official designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)?
- The law defines 4 categories of a Campus Security Authority: Campus Police, non-police security staff responsible for monitoring College property; people/offices designated under policy as those to whom crimes should be reported; officials with significant responsibility for student and campus activities.
CSA Job Functions include:
- The law defines “significant responsibility” broadly and includes, but is not limited to:
- Student Housing
- Student Discipline and Campus Judicial Proceedings
- Athletic Coaches
- Student Activities Coordinators
- Officials that oversee a student center
- Student Judicial Officers
- Student Advisors
- Faculty Advisors to student organizations
Annually, Jackson College requires employees to review and email confirmation that they have read the CSA Training Power Point.
Sexual Assault Awareness Week
Spring Dates: April 8 – 12, 2019
2019 events and involvement opportunities TBA
A look back at 2018
No Zebras, No Excuses Addressing Sexual Aggression and Bystander Intervention
Fall 2019 Dates: TBD
In Fall 2018, 338 individuals at Jackson College attended No Zebras, No Excuses and began the year with positive conversation about everyone’s role in shaping a culture that works to prevent sexual assault and support survivors of this heinous crime.
The No Zebras program uses real world situations presented in short video vignettes. The vignettes give examples of sexual assault, stalking, partner violence and harassment in real life environments based upon actual situations. Between each vignette peer educators speak with the audience; addressing behaviors, reinforcing laws, and policies, while discussing the actions that could be used to intercede.
The highly acclaimed No Zebras, No Excuses has been tested, researched and continually improved since it was first introduced to all new students at Central Michigan University in 1999. Since that time, countless university audiences around the United States have seen this program. Additionally, No Zebras has been the focus of trainings to military personnel throughout the world.
Each educator has several hundred hours of sexual aggression education and advocacy training/experience. This one of a kind program gets results without alienating the audience.
- Jackson College Campus Crime & Fire Statistics Report
- Sexual Discrimination, Harassment, and Violence: Support for Survivors– A resource guide for discrimination based on sex/gender, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and sexual violence.
- Association of American Universities 2015 Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct
- Data.gov – Sexual assault datasets
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Sexual Violence
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center