Jackson College Summer Concert Series: 6 groups, 6 dates, free fun!
May 10, 2023
Jackson College’s Summer Concert Series has grown to offer more great, free music, with performances planned both outdoors on the Potter Center back patio and indoors in the Harold Sheffer Music Hall!
This year’s Concert Series will include:
- The Jackson French Quarter Traditional Jazz Band performs at 7 p.m. May 31 at 7 m. on the back patio;
- Local favorites Big L and Code Blü will perform at 7 p.m. June 8 on the back patio;
- Capital City Brass Band performs at 7 p.m. June 15 on the back patio;
- Celebrate Father’s Day June 18 with the 39th Annual Trombonefest at 7 p.m. on the back patio;
- On June 20, the Jackson Community Concert Band presents a celebration concert at 7 p.m. in the Harold Sheffer Music Hall, Potter Center.
- Summer Band Camp students will present a finale performance on the back patio at 11:55 a.m. on June 29.
Concertgoers are welcome to bring lawn chairs for the outdoor performances, while some chairs will be available. All concerts are free and are guaranteed – they will move indoors in case of inclement weather. For questions on any of these events, contact Dan Bickel, instrumental music professor, at 517.990.1314.