Jackson College Art Contest
Calling all JC student artists! Submit your artwork for a chance to enter the 37th Annual League for Innovation in the Community College International Student Art Awards competition.
Winners of the Jackson College local art award will be entered to the 37th Annual League for Innovation in the Community College International Student Art Awards competition. Up to five (5) artworks will be selected; only one artwork per student. Winners of the JC Art Award will be selected by College ART faculty and receive the following:
- First Place: $100 Visa gift card
- Second Place: $50 Visa gift card
- Third Place: $25 Visa gift card
- Honorable Mentions (2): $25 Visa gift card
Guidelines for the Jackson College Art Award
- Artwork must be created by students while enrolled in an art class at Jackson College between Summer 2022-Spring 2023 semesters. (Dual enrollment high school, early college, and noncredit students are not eligible to participate.)
- Each entry must be submitted with an artist statement (50 words or less). You may discuss the specific artwork or provide a general artist statement.
How to Enter
Submit your work to your art instructor or Lead Faculty of the art department no later than Friday, April 7, 2023 at 12 noon. One digital image for 2-D works, two images for 3-D works. File specifications below.
JC Art Award winning artworks will be submitted to the League on or before April 21, 2023.
Specifications on file sizes and types for all media uploads
- Image: JPEG or JPG, under 5MB with a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- Audio: AIFF, WAV, XMF, MP3, under 10MB with a minimum bit rate of 96.
- Video: 3PG, WMV, AVI, MOV, ASF, MPG, MP4, M2T, MKV, M2TS, under 100MB with a minimum resolution of 640 x 480; minimum 12 fps.