Phlebotomy technicians draw blood and are a vital part of the healthcare field today. In this 9-week program, students will gain experience in the classroom, lab, and clinical setting. Students will also increase their knowledge of the health care delivery system and medical terminology. If you enjoy meeting new patients and learning something new daily, then this is the career for you!
All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED/High School equivalency.
PROJECTED JOB OPENINGS
What Can I Expect?
- Instructor-led classroom and lab instruction
- Clinical setting experience
What Will I Learn?
- Infection control and safety
- Anatomy and the physiology of body systems
- Specimen transport and specimen processing
- Basic understanding of age and psychosocial considerations
- Veterinary clinics
- Medical and surgical centers
- Blood and plasma donation centers