Complete in as little as 10 months!
The Medical Assistant Certificate program prepares participants for an entry level position as a medical assistant in a medical office, clinic, hospital or other health care facility. Learn clinical skills involving diagnosis and treatment, administrative skills involving communication and business aspects as you prepare for this in-demand field. A nonpaid externship experience with a licensed health care practitioner is the culmination of the program.
- Upon successful completion, participants may take a national credentialing exam to become a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- Earn your Medical Assistant Certification and become eligible for 33 credits toward an Allied Health Associate of Applied Science degree.
Medical Assistant Program Highlights
- Pay varies by position and field, ranging from $20,600-$45,000.
- Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29 percent through 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Classroom and clinical lab learning
Sample Key Topics Include
- Anatomy of Each Body System
- OSHA & Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Preparing for Clinical Procedures
- Patient Screening
- Administering Injections
- Surgical Procedures
- Concepts of Medical Law
- Spelling and Pronunciation of
- Medical Terms
- Documentation for Medical Billing