Community members may utilize Jackson College’s Dental Hygiene Clinic, which offers dental hygiene services while helping students gain experience. The clinic allows dental hygiene students to complete practice hours required as part of their studies.
- A clinic with 10 state-of-the-art dental chairs. Each unit with have two types of power scalers with intraoral camera that are embedded right into the unit
- Two radiography rooms, one with a digital panoramic unit and a regular intraoral x-ray machine, and a second with one intraoral x-ray machine. All x-rays exposed in the clinic will be digital, allowing for much less exposure to radiation.
- Sterilization area, a state-of-the-art sterilization center that complies with all guidelines from OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
- Dental lab, where students will practice with simulation manikins to learn the skills necessary to work in a patient’s mouth.
- Reception/office area and faculty offices.
Dental Clinic Services
Students will work under the direct supervision of licensed dental hygiene instructors and dentists as they offer the following preventive services:
- Dental Cleanings
- Fluoride Treatments
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Oral Health Instruction
- Nutritional Advising
Fall semester hours
- Tuesdays: 8-12 p.m.
- Thursdays 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mondays: 1-5 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 8-12 p.m.
- Thursdays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m
- Thursdays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m (8 week semester)
Call now to reserve your desired time and date. Call 517.990.1311 or 517.990.1463 to schedule your appointment. The clinic is located in Justin Whiting Hall, Room 104, on Central Campus. If you must cancel, please allow 24 hours’ notice.
If you have any questions, please contact the Dental Clinic or call 517.990.1311.
All cleanings include oral exam, necessary x-rays, cleaning, fluoride treatment.
|Jackson College students||$5.00|
|Jackson College Employees||$10.00|
|Senior Citizens (age 65 and older)||$25.00|
|Periodontal Treatment||$20.00 per quadrant|
|Children (under age 18)||$25.00|
|Radiographs||The charge for all radiographs necessary to provide treatment is included in the charge listed above for a complete dental prophylaxis (teeth cleaning). Charges below apply only if a dentist has referred you to our clinic for radiographs only.|
|Sealants||$3.00 per tooth|
|Athletic Mouth Guard||$15.00|
|Printed copies of radiographs (digital)||$10.00|