Jackson College recently celebrated the opening of the Dental Hygiene Clinic!
The Dental Clinic will encompass five areas –
- A clinic with 10 state-of-the-art dental chairs. Each unit with have two types of power scalers with intraoral camera that are embedded right into the unit.
- Two radiography rooms, one with a digital panoramic unit and a regular intraoral x-ray machine, and a second with one intraoral x-ray machine. All x-rays exposed in the clinic will be digital, allowing for much less exposure to radiation.
- Sterilization area, a state-of-the-art sterilization center that complies with all guidelines from OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
- Dental lab, where students will practice with simulation manikins to learn the skills necessary to work in a patient’s mouth.
- Reception/office area and faculty offices.