EKG Technician Frequently Asked Questions
IF I WERE TO COMPLETE THE EKG TECHNICIAN SKILL SET, WOULD I BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CERTIFIED?
The EKG Technician skill set prepares you to sit for the national Certified Cardiovascular Technologist (CCT) credentialing exam through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Certified Cardiographic Technicians are professionals working in the areas of EKG, Holter monitoring and Stress testing. For more information about Cardiovascular Credentialing International and the credentialing examinations that the not-for-profit corporation provides please visit cci-online.org.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO TAKE THE CCT SPECIALTY EXAM?
- Must have a high school diploma or general education diploma at the time of application.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student or a graduate of a cardiovascular or allied health training program.
- Must provide typed documentation to support your enrollment or completion of your training program.
WHAT KINDS OF QUESTIONS WILL BE ON THE SPECIALTY EXAM TO BECOME A CERTIFIED CARDIOGRAPHIC TECHNICIAN?
After taking the courses to complete the EKG Technician Skill set you will be prepared to take the Special Exam for CCT. The exam will test you on your knowledge in the following categories:
- Basic Cardiovascular anatomy & Physiology
- ECG Techniques & Recognition
- Basic Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
- Stress Test Techniques, Indications and Contraindications
- Ambulatory Monitoring (i.e. holter)
- Cardiac Medications
WHERE ARE THE TEST SITES FOR THE CERTIFIED EXAMINATIONS?
The examinations offered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) are administered by Pearson Professional Centers, which as over 3200 sites worldwide. A complete list of Pearson test sites can be found atwww.pearsonvue.com/cci.