Facilities Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Facilities department located?
The Facilities department is located in the Campus Services building on the east side of Central Campus across from Justin Whiting Hall.
View the campus map here.
- How do I enter a work request?
Click on submit a work request in the Facilities Service Center page.
- What do I do if I have previously submitted a work request and I need to make a change to it?
E-mail the Facilities Service Center with the work order ID number and the change needed. Please do not submit another work request for the change.
- What is the expected turnaround time for my work request?
Turnaround time for work requests can vary depending upon the nature of the request and the current workload within the Facilities Department. Urgent requests are handled the same day they are reported. Routine requests may take several days or weeks and are prioritized on degree of urgency.
- What do I do if my swipe badge or door swipe is not working.
If you are having a swipe badge or door swipe problem please contact Security at 796.8620.
- Where do I pick up the college vehicle I requested?
College vehicles can be picked up in front of the Campus Services building.
- I need a tool, can I borrow one?
We do not loan out tools. If you need something fixed or worked on you can submit a work request and someone would be happy to help you.
- What do I do if the room is too hot or too cold?
All thermostats around campus are locked out to maintain the following temperatures:
- 72° in the summer
- 70° in the winter
They have the ability to go +/- 2° on either side of the target range depending on where the thumbwheel is in relationship to the current room temperature. You can request a temperature review in a building by submitting a work request.
- What are the main areas that get cleaned on campus?
Facilities personnel have high and low cleaning priorities.
Cleaning completed on a daily basis:
- Public areas
- Entry ways
- Trash removal in public areas and offices
- Student breakout rooms
- Stairwells (weekly)
Cleaning completed on a monthly, weekly, or as needed basis:
- Employee offices and breakrooms
- Dusting (monthly)
- Window cleaning (monthly)
- Stripping and waxing floors (summer months or as needed)
- Furniture cleaning (as needed)
- Why is my office not cleaned and vacuumed everyday?
Facilities personnel have high and low cleaning priorities. Click here to view the priority cleaning list. If you would like your office cleaned please submit a work request and it will be prioritized based on the degree of urgency. This type of request my take several days to complete.