Federal Direct Loan Application Process
In addition to the Federal Direct Loan Application Process, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The JC Federal ID Code is 002274.
- The results of the FAFSA will be used to determine your loan eligibility.
- Parents interested in applying for a PLUS loan must also complete the FAFSA.
- We encourage students to apply for the Federal Direct Loan (subsidized and unsubsidized) prior to determining PLUS Loan eligibility.
The deadline date to apply for a Federal Direct Loan for Fall 2017 is Nov. 19.
You must complete all steps below to apply for a Federal Direct Loan.
1. Complete an Entrance Loan Counseling Session
Entrance counseling must be completed if this is your first time applying for a loan at JC. You will need your FSA ID to complete this step. This step only needs to be completed if you have not received loan funds from JC in the past four (4) years.
- Note: You will need to sign into “Manage My Direct Loan.”
After you sign in, please make sure you select “Complete Entrance Counseling.”
2. Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
A MPN is a binding legal document you must complete and sign to receive Federal Direct Loan funds. You will need your FSA ID to complete this step. All students will be required to complete a Direct Loan MPN for JC.Master Promissory Note (MPN)
3. JC Federal Direct Loan Request Form
The JC Federal Direct Loan Request form must be completed by all students wanting to apply for a Federal Direct Loan. This form is needed in addition to completing the FAFSA.
The deadline date to apply for a Federal Direct Loan for Fall 2017 is Nov. 19.Federal Direct Loan Request Form for FALL 2017/WINTER 2018