How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for admission to Jackson College.
- Complete a U.S. Department of Education FSA ID Registration if you do not have an FSA ID to use for your electronic signature.
- Each year complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form as soon after October 1 as possible. JC’s Federal ID Code is 002274.
- Explore the types of scholarships available at JC.
- Respond promptly to any requests from the Financial Aid Office for additional information such as copies of federal tax returns, verification of untaxed income or benefits, etc. Requests are most typically issued via email or through your Jet Stream account.
- Explore other financial aid options available in the community. Contact high school counselors, parent/student employers, local businesses, professional, civic and social clubs and organizations, religious clergy and public or college libraries.
Remember, you must reapply for financial assistance each academic year!
7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
Determining the Amount of Aid
Most financial aid is awarded to students on the basis of need: estimated expenses – tuition, books, supplies, transportation, room and board, and personal expenses – minus your family’s expected contribution.
Related Educational Expenses include: tuition and fees, books and supplies (pens, pencils, paper, folders, calculator), room and board, transportation, and loan fees. Unrelated educational expenses include, but are not limited to: electronics, equipment (not required for your enrolled classes), accessories and clothing.
To estimate the amount of Federal Pell Grant that you may qualify for, go to FAFSA4caster. Remember you must file a FAFSA to be considered for federal and state grants.