Corrections Education Program
COVID-19 Update: Due to Covid-19 Jackson College suspended all face-to-face classes in its Corrections Education Program. In the Spring of 2020 Jackson College in partnership with the Michigan Department of Corrections and the Federal Bureau of Prisons adopted a Distance Learning Model that is approved by the Department of Education. The Distance Learning Modality consists of the following:
- Instructor and Staff email communication with students via JPAY.
- Recorded lectures shared with students via:
- Closed Circuit TV inside each facility.
- In classroom through laptop & projector.
- Course materials and assignments delivered and collected bi-weekly.
We are unable to return phone calls to sponsors at this time. Please send questions to the appropriate student navigator via email. Sponsors must be listed as a contact by the student for a navigator to respond to questions regarding a specific student.
- Gus Harrison, Parnall and Women’s Huron Valley Correctional Facilities: Nadia El Anani, ElAnaniNadiaM@jccmi.edu
- Cotton and St. Louis Correctional Facilities: Sam Fonseca, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooper, Lakeland and Milan Correctional Facilities: Brittany Riggins, email@example.com
What do I do with the recent packet of course information delivered to me?
- Review New Syllabus
- Review instructions from Professor
- Complete and save all course assignments
- For additional questions contact your SS Navigator.
Note: Assignments, forms, PTK info, etc.. cannot be picked up during this time. Please retain them until the appropriate time is designated for pick-up.
Will I still be able to graduate this semester?
- All commencement ceremonies both on Campus and in our CEP facilities at this time have been postponed indefinitely.
- All Graduation requirements must be met before your degree can be conferred upon you.
What is my current grade for my 2020 Winter Classes?
To preserve the semester the decision has been made to issue all CEP students an Incomplete “I” for their 2020 Winter classes.
- Students will be able to complete the remainder of their 20 WN courses via distance learning (completing assignments/packets sent in) and possibly via Face to Face once the quarantine has been lifted.
- Once all coursework has been completed the instructor will submit a final grade for each student to the College Registrar and the incomplete will be changed to a letter grade.
If I want to withdraw (drop) my 2020 Winter classes what steps do I take?
We encourage all students to remain in their classes.
If you feel it necessary to withdraw from classes please do the following:
- Send a JPAY to your SS Navigator stating which class(es) you would like to drop.
- Ask your sponsor to contact your SS Navigator and request you be dropped from specific classes.
I am scheduled to be released (paroled) prior to the end of the Winter Semester, what do I need to do?
Send a JPAY to your SS Navigator. Share what your outdate is and what help you need with re-entry as it relates to your educational pursuits.
I am in need of PTK/Transfer information.
Send a JPAY to your SS Navigator.