Corrections Education Program
COVID-19 Update: All of the MDOC and Federal Prisons have closed and are not allowing any Visitors, Volunteer, or JC Instructors into the facility due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus Pandemic). That being the case Jackson College is working diligently to ensure continued success and completion for our CEP students.
Please note the following:
- The week of March 16th, 2020 is considered an additional Spring Break week.
- Our CEP and Student Services Team in cooperation with our Academic Department are working on a plan to deliver course materials to each student in CEP by the beginning of next week. These materials will be disbursed by our MDOC Education team partners at each respective facility. Students will complete the work assignments and have them ready to return to instructors when classes resume.
- It is yet unknown when the COVID-19 Quarantine will be lifted allowing us to resume classes. We will be in contact with our CEP student population via JPAY.
We are unable to return phone calls to sponsors at this time. Please send questions to the appropriate student navigator via email. Sponsors must be listed as a contact by the student for a navigator to respond to questions regarding a specific student. Sponsors may also check the Jackson College website for continued updates.
Cotton and St. Louis Correctional Facilities: Sam Fonseca, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooper, Lakeland and Milan Correctional Facilities: Brittany Riggins, email@example.com
What do I do with the recent packet of course information delivered to me?
- Review New Syllabus
- Review instructions from Professor
- Complete and save all course assignments
- For additional questions contact your SS Navigator.
Note: Assignments, forms, PTK info, etc.. cannot be picked up during this time. Please retain them until the appropriate time is designated for pick-up.
Will I still be able to graduate this semester?
- All commencement ceremonies both on Campus and in our CEP facilities at this time have been postponed indefinitely.
- All Graduation requirements must be met before your degree can be conferred upon you.
What is my current grade for my 2020 Winter Classes?
To preserve the semester the decision has been made to issue all CEP students an Incomplete “I” for their 2020 Winter classes.
- Students will be able to complete the remainder of their 20 WN courses via distance learning (completing assignments/packets sent in) and possibly via Face to Face once the quarantine has been lifted.
- Once all coursework has been completed the instructor will submit a final grade for each student to the College Registrar and the incomplete will be changed to a letter grade.
If I want to withdraw (drop) my 2020 Winter classes what steps do I take?
We encourage all students to remain in their classes.
If you feel it necessary to withdraw from classes please do the following:
- Send a JPAY to your SS Navigator stating which class(es) you would like to drop.
- Ask your sponsor to contact your SS Navigator and request you be dropped from specific classes.
I am scheduled to be released (paroled) prior to the end of the Winter Semester, what do I need to do?
Send a JPAY to your SS Navigator. Share what your outdate is and what help you need with re-entry as it relates to your educational pursuits.
I am in need of PTK/Transfer information.
Send a JPAY to your SS Navigator.