Explore online classes at Jackson College!
You know that a college education can help you get ahead, but commuting to campus for class just doesn’t fit with your hectic lifestyle! Now with online classes available at Jackson College, you CAN go to college when it is convenient for you!
Jackson College’s online classes teach the same concepts as the traditional classroom courses, but eliminate time and place restrictions. Study when it fits with your lifestyle, whether that’s 5 a.m. before heading out for work, or 9 p.m. after the kids are in bed.
Online courses offered provide educational opportunities by way of one’s home computer and the Internet. Students may study any place they have a computer with Internet access. Courses will transfer to two- and four-year colleges, which can help make completing college a reality.
Degrees and certificates that are completely online include:
- Allied Health General Studies – Associate in Applied Science
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in General Studies
- Accounting – Associate in Applied Science
- Business Administration – Associate in Applied Science
- Business Administration – Certificate
- Health Administration Insurance Specialist – Associate in Applied Science
- Medical Insurance Coder/Biller – Certificate
- Management – Certificate
Jackson College is one of only two institutions in the nation to have its online medical sonography programs fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Students can complete a majority of their coursework for the following programs online (all requirements may be taken online except for one science requirement, and practical completed at health care provider):
- General Sonography – Associate in Applied Science
- Vascular Sonography – Associate in Applied Science
- Cardiac Sonography – Associate in Applied Science
Several more programs are at least partially online. For more information, visit the JC web site at www.jccmi.edu.
View the online course schedule in JetStream to search a comprehensive list of online courses by term and up-to-date registration availability.
- Visit www.jccmi.edu/schedule to access the online schedule in JetStream.
- Click on the Advanced Search.
- Select Internet Based Learning in the location drop down box to search for online only courses.
Is online learning right for me?
When considering distance learning programs, ask yourself a few questions.
Do you have time in your schedule for a course commitment?
Are you comfortable working with a computer, using Internet, word processing and file sharing?
Success in online courses does require you to have excellent time management skills and be self-motivated. Good reading ability, skill in navigating the Internet and sending and receiving e-mail, and a basic understanding of computers and file management are necessary. It is also important to be able to ask questions and seek out information if you don’t understand something.
Students may enroll in numerous online courses offered by the Michigan Community College Virtual Learning Collaborative, a cooperative effort of member colleges across the state who offer courses and degrees to students via distance learning. All of JC’s online courses are fully accredited, with no distinction in course objectives between online and traditional classroom formats.