Virtual Testing Lab
Due to the COVID-19 Virus, the testing lab will move to a virtual format.
Steps to Virtual Testing
Step 1: Instructor/Navigator Contact
- Your instructor must reach out to the Testing Lab first. They will send your name along with a list of items you can have during testing and the time limits/JetNet passwords.
- If you are taking a placement test, your Navigator must reach out first to the Testing Lab first. They will send your name along with what class you are trying to test out of.
Step 2: Schedule an Appointment
- After your instructor/navigator has made contact with the Testing Lab, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the Testing Lab Calendly. Please follow this and the instructions to schedule an appointment.
- If you have not received the link to the Calendly and you are sure your instructor has made contact, please use the contact form on the right of this page to reach out to the Testing Lab.
Step 3: Items to Have
Before Your Appointment
- You will receive a Student Testing Agreement after you have made an appointment. Please return this as soon as possible before your appointment time.
After Your Appointment
- ID: For security purposes, all students virtual testing must have a valid form of one of the following: Federal-issued ID, State-issued ID, Jackson College ID, Passport or High school ID (if applicable)
- Pencils or Pens
- Items permitted by your instructor
Students who need special accommodations due to physical impairments or learning disabilities must contact the Center for Student Success. Students must make arrangements at least one week prior to taking the exam or Course Placement assessment. For students needing to take the ESL placement assessment, please visit our English Language Institute page. The Testing Lab is equipped with assistive technology for all students.
What NOT to Have
- Book bags, purses, and other personal items. Leave them in another room.
- Items not on the list of what your instructor allows.
- CELL PHONES, or a electronic device of any kind.
- Children, friends, and anyone or anything that would disturb the secure and quiet testing environment
- Any item that enables cheating
Things to Remember
- Only materials specified by instructors are allowed
- CELL PHONES, pagers, smart watches and other devices are not allowed in virtual testing
Any suspected cheating will result in termination of your exam session and will be immediately reported to administration and to your instructor for investigation and appropriate disciplinary actions.
Virtual Proctoring Options and Forms
- Please email your test to email@example.com a day before the test date.
- Remember to include the new Faculty Proctoring Form with the student’s name (if your student has an accommodation of extra time, please note the name on the proctoring form).
- All tests are by appointment and must be scheduled, in advance, by the student.
- If a student is not able to test during normal hours, students can contact the staff and make special arrangements.
- Students will complete an online form agreeing to the academic honesty policy before they take their test.
- After a student completes a test, they will be asked to complete a five-question survey. This feedback will help us improve our processes.
- For any questions, please email the Testing lab at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft Word via Zoom
- Using Microsoft word via Zoom, the testing proctor will monitor the student and environment while the exam is in progress.
- The student never receives an electronic copy of the exam.
- Students edit on the proctor’s screen.
- Students can use the drawing function which includes Ink to Math.
Contact the Testing Lab
General Information & Test Materials
Karissa Shay: 517.796.8421
Special Needs Accommodations
Monica Bouman: 920.288.2535
Question for the testing lab?