The Testing Lab will be CLOSED on Friday, Oct. 7 for Convocation
Check-in: Bert Walker Hall Room 121
Students must bring ID: For security purposes, all students coming into the lab for testing must have a valid form of either federal-issued or state-issued photo identification ready to present to the testing proctor on duty.
Fall Semester Hours:
|Monday||1 pm – 8 pm|
|Tuesday||1 pm – 8 pm|
|Wednesday||11 am – 5 pm|
|Thursday||11 am – 5 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 4 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 4 pm|
Testing Lab General Information
All exams are collected 15 minutes before closing time. The Testing Lab closes promptly at the end of each session. Be sure to allow ample time to complete your test. Testing Lab hours change during semester breaks and holidays. Please call 796.8421 to confirm hours.
Any suspected cheating will result in termination of your exam session and will be immediately reported to administration and to your instructor for investigation and appropriate disciplinary actions.
Take time to prepare for exams by visiting the Center for Student Success for help with test taking strategies, coping skills for test anxiety, and study strategies to learn the material. Call 517.796.8415 for more to contact the Center for Student Success.
Security cameras monitor the testing lab at all times. Proctors supervise all testing.
Students who need special accommodations due to physical impairments or learning disabilities must contact the Center for Student Success, 517.796.8415. Students must make arrangements at least one week prior to taking the exam or Course Placement assessment. For students needing to take the ESL placement assessment, please visit our English Language Institute page. The Testing Lab is equipped with assistive technology for all students.
- Exams are distributed from BW 121.
- Your instructor has provided a list of students who will take the exam; your name must be on the list.
- Your instructor has provided a list of items you may bring into the Testing Lab.
- Time limits and JetNet passwords have been provided by your instructor.
- You must show a valid photo ID and the admissions acceptance letter.
- Reading, writing and math are computerized.
- The nursing program allows only one re-take of Course Placement.
What to bring
- Valid Photo ID
- Pencils or Pens
- Items permitted by your instructor
What NOT to bring
- Book bags, purses, and other personal items. Leave them in your car.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Testing Lab is not responsible for any items left in the vicinity of the Testing Lab while testing.
- Items not on the list of what your instructor allows.
- CELL PHONES, or a electronic device of any kind.
- Children, friends, and anyone or anything that would disturb the secure and quiet testing environment
- Any item that enables cheating
Things to remember
- Only materials specified by instructors are allowed
- CELL PHONES, pagers and other devices are not allowed in the Testing Lab
- If you leave the Testing Lab for any reason, your test is considered complete
- You are liable for your possessions you leave in the vicinity of the Testing Lab
Testing Lab Information for Faculty
The purpose of the Testing Lab is to provide a testing environment for:
- Course Placement Online
- JC Students
- Online MCCVLC students
- Testing arranged by instructors
- Partner colleges
Instructor Specific Information
- Print and fill out a Testing Center Proctoring Form sheet (PDF)
- Send a list of who will be taking the test with copies of the test to the Testing Lab at least one school day in advance. We will do our best to accommodate your timeframe.
- Tell your students the location, times for testing, and to bring a driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID.
- If you expect a group of 10 or more to test simultaneously, please contact Lana Lakin at 517.796.8421
- Exams are distributed from BW 121
- Students must sign in and show a valid state-issued photo ID. Exams are taken in the Testing Lab, which is monitored by proctors and by security cameras
- Only items mentioned by the instructor will be permitted in the testing lab. (i.e., notes, books, etc.)
Students should take time to prepare for exams by visiting the Center for Student Success for help with test taking strategies, coping skills for test anxiety, and study strategies to learn the material. Drop by BW 138 or call 517.796.8415.
Students who need special accommodations due to physical impairments or learning disabilities must contact the Center for Student Success, 517.796.8415. Students must make arrangements at least one week prior to taking the exam or Course Placement assessment.
The Testing Lab is equipped with Assistive Technology for all students.
Contact the testing lab
General Information & Test Materials: Lana Lakin, 517.796.8421
Special Needs Accommodations: Monica Bouman, 517.796.8411
Question for the testing lab?