Virtual Testing Lab
Due to the COVID-19 Virus, the testing lab will move to a virtual format.
Steps to Virtual Testing
Step 1: Instructor/Navigator Contact
- Your Instructor must reach out to the Testing Lab first. They will send your name along with a list of items you can have during your test and the time limit/JetNet password.
- If you are taking a placement test, your Navigator must reach out to the Testing Lab first. They will send your name along with what class you are trying to test out of.
Step 2: Schedule an Appointment
- After your Instructor/Navigator has contacted the Testing Lab, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the Testing Lab Calendly. Please read the instructions and follow the link to schedule an appointment.
- If you have not received the link to the Calendly and you are sure your instructor has made contact, please use the contact form on the right of this page to reach out to the Testing Lab.
Step 3: Items to Have
Before Your Appointment
- You will receive a Student Testing Agreement after you have scheduled an appointment. Please return this as soon as possible before your appointment time.
At Your Appointment
- For security purposes, all students must have a valid form of one of the following IDs: Federal-issued ID, State-issued ID, Jackson College ID, Passport, or High school ID (if applicable)
- Items permitted by your instructor
What not to have
- Book bags, purses, and other personal items. Leave them in another room.
- Items not on the list of what your instructor allows.
- CELL PHONES, or a electronic device of any kind (unless instructed otherwise).
- Children, friends, and anyone or anything that would disturb the secure and quiet testing environment
- Any item that enables cheating
Any suspected cheating will result in termination of your exam session and will be immediately reported to administration and to your instructor for investigation and appropriate disciplinary actions.
Credit by Examination
Credit by Examination Procedure
- The student contacts the Department Chair to determine if a Credit by Exam is appropriate and available for the course.
- The student meets with the Department Chair to complete the Credit by Examination form. A Faculty Evaluator is assigned.
- The Testing Lab receives an Instructor Proctoring form and the exam from the assigned Faculty Evaluator. The Testing Lab then works with the student to schedule an appointment. The Credit by Exam is then administered to the student at the appointment.
- The Credit by Exam is evaluated by a faculty evaluator, graded, and forwarded along with the application to the appropriate dean for approval. The dean’s office then forwards to the Registrar for final processing.
NOTE: Success Measures – The student must complete the Credit by Examination for the specific course achieving the appropriate grade point as designated by the department in order to receive the credit for the course.
If you have any questions regarding the Credit by Exam procedure and policy, please contact the Registrar.
Students who need special accommodations due to physical impairments or learning disabilities must contact the Center for Student Success. Students must make arrangements at least one week prior to taking the exam or Course Placement assessment. For students needing to take the ESL placement assessment, please visit our English Language Institute page. The Testing Lab is equipped with assistive technology for all students.
Virtual Proctoring Options and Forms
All proctoring requests must be submitted to the Testing Lab at least 48 business hours prior to the open date of your exam.
- Remember to include the name(s) of the student on the Instructor Test Proctoring Form.
- If your student has accommodations, please note that in the “Other (Specify)” box of the form or in the email. These students will test either with the Testing Lab or with the Center for Student Success.
- Copies of the test or the passwords to the test need to be submitted to the Testing Lab as soon as possible before the open date of your exam.
All tests are by appointment only and must be scheduled 48 business hours in advance by the student. (Instructors must submit the Instructor Test Proctoring Form before the student can schedule.)
If a student is not able to test during the hours listed in the Calendly, students can contact the Testing Lab staff and make special arrangements.
Students will complete and submit a Student Testing Agreement before their testing appointment.
For any additional questions, please email the Testing Lab at TestingLab@jccmi.edu.
Contact the Testing Lab
General Information & Test Materials
Karissa Shay: 517.796.8421
Special Needs Accommodations
Monica Bouman: 517.796.8411
Question for the testing lab?