Reverse Transfer

Transfer students, you may already have earned a degree from Jackson College! Find out with a reverse transfer agreement.

Reverse transfer is a process where credits earned at the four-year college or university after transferring from Jackson College are transferred back to JC to determine if you are eligible for an associate degree.

Transfer students may indicate their interest in reverse transfer by completing a reverse transfer request form from their four-year college or university in order to have their transcript sent back to Jackson College. JC will evaluate the coursework to determine if degree requirements are met and if a degree will be awarded. Any Jackson College degree or other credential will be awarded in the semester or year all final requirements are met.


The associate degree from Jackson College is a marketable credential for your resumé and an important milestone in your education. Employers value the associate degree as evidence of your commitment to expanding your knowledge and achieving your educational goals. The associate degree can make a difference in your long-term success:

  • An associate degree can provide better job opportunities while completing your bachelor’s degree.
  • The associate degree is the nation’s fastest growing work credential; employers recognize its value when recruiting and hiring.
  • Students who earn an associate degree are more likely to complete their bachelor’s degree.
  • There is no risk to you – even though you are applying the hours you have earned at your four-year college or university toward an associate degree at Jackson College, your hours earned will still apply toward your bachelor’s degree.

Jackson College has reverse transfer agreements with several universities that are listed below: