Be our guest! Enroll at Jackson College on your journey to completing your degree at your current home institution. Take one course or several; let us contribute to your overall education.
Am I a Guest Student?
A guest student is identified as one who is currently attending another college or university and wishes to take one or more courses with Jackson College to transfer credit back for their degree at their home institution.
What are the Benefits?
- Affordable tuition
- Convenient locations, close to your home
- Extended locations in Hillsdale, Adrian and Maher campuses
- Small classroom setting
- Online learning course options
- Easy credit transfer
How do I register as a guest student?
- Check Jackson College’s Course Offerings in E-Services
Filter on the term you intend to be a guest and the subject(s) of the course(s) your desire. Spring registration is open now! Spring semester runs from May 23, 2018 until August 15, 2018.
- Consult with your home institution that the course(s) you plan to take at Jackson College will be accepted as transfer credit.
- Print the Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application and Add/Drop Form.
- Fill out ‘PART I’ of the application with your information and the course(s) you intend to take with JC.
- For number 16, ‘Courses that you plan to take:’ Be sure to include the course letters, number and section of the course on the application (EX. / ART 112-I1 this section number indicates an online course).
- Fill out the add/drop form as well with your information and the course(s) information.
- Take the Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application to the Registrar’ Office, or to an officer at your school who processes guest applications, where ‘PART II’ will be completed and signed.
- Please have both the Michigan Undergraduate Guest App and Add/Drop form sent to the following:
Attn: Registrar’s Office
2111 Emmons Road, Jackson, MI 49201
- Secure Upload:
www.jccmi.edu/securedocuments and click on Registration & Records
WittJamieA@jccmi.edu. The home institution must provide their college’s seal on the application.
How will I know I’m registered?
- Once your application is received, processing time is approximately 1-2 days if all documentation is filled out properly.
- An initial e-mail confirmation will be sent to the email provided on the application which includes course info, payment and username and password.
- A schedule bill will be mailed to the home address provided on the Guest Application.
If you have any questions or concerns with the status of your registration, please contact Student Services: 517.796.8425.
How do I make a change to my course schedule?
If you later decide you no longer wish to take this course with Jackson College, fill out the add/drop application and return for manual removal from the course. Please pay close attention to the Time Frame for Dropping/Withdrawing from a course.
If you are past the add/drop period and wish to withdraw from the course, the withdrawal form will need to be filled out and returned for manual processing.
Cost and payment information
Students may pay online, in person at our Cashier’s Office, by mail, or sign up for a payment plan. Please read more about Jackson College’s payment options.
For the Spring semester, students may be eligible to use TIP if specific criteria is met. Check eligibility with our financial aid office by calling 517.796.8410. The guest application, Add/Drop Form and Guest Student TIP Verification Form must be turned into Jackson College for potential processing.
Please be aware of payment deadlines once you are registered for your course. Non-payment may result in being dropped from the course.
Note: Title IV Funding (financial aid) cannot be utilized at two institutions simultaneously.
Helpful tips for guest students
- If you are taking an online course, we recommend that you complete JetReady Orientation so you can familiarize yourself with the online format at JC. This is not required, only recommended.
- All students who are registered will be given a JC E-mail: Format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: provided in your confirmation e-mail and schedule bill mailing
- Participate in your registered course(s) to avoid potentially being dropped by the instructor due to lack of participation
- Seek additional assistance! Visit our Center for Student Success which contains free valuable resources and tutors.
- Enjoy your course(s)!
Transferring credits back to home institution
Upon completion of your course(s) at Jackson College, the student is responsible for Requesting that an official JC transcript be sent to the home institution. Make sure that final grades have been posted and a certain amount of time is allowed for the transcript request to be processed.