Earn a tuition-free degree!
Michigan Reconnect is a scholarship designed specifically for eligible adults who want to pursue an associate degree at a Michigan community college or a skills certificate at a training school. Michigan Reconnect pays the remaining balance of in-district tuition and mandatory fees after other state and federal financial aid have been applied. Students who attend out-of-district community colleges will receive a large tuition discount.
- At least 25 years old when you apply
- Michigan resident, having lived in Michigan for a minimum of one year
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed any college degrees
Ages 21 – 24 (Limited time only – must apply by Nov. 2024)
For a limited time only, those 21 to 24 are now eligible for Michigan Reconnect! Earn your degree or certificate tuition-free at Jackson College.
To be eligible you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age and not more than 24 years of age
- Apply and enroll in a community or tribal college no later than fall semester 2024
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Have lived in Michigan for at least a year
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent or certificate of completion
- Have not yet completed a college degree
Don’t wait – apply to Michigan Reconnect by Friday, Nov. 15, 2024!
- Pre-requisite Courses will be covered by Michigan Reconnect as long as they are within the associate degree or occupational certificate curriculum. However, if there are pre-requisites that must be completed before a student can apply for a specific associate degree or occupational certificate program, those courses will not be covered.
- Students must enroll in a program of study that is Federal Student Aid (Title IV) eligible. Please speak with your Navigator and Financial Aid Specialist to confirm that your chosen program of study is eligible.
View Jackson College’s policy as it relates to developmental education and course placement.
What steps do I need to take?
Step 3. Apply to Jackson College
After you have applied to Michigan Reconnect, you will need to apply to Jackson College if you haven’t done so already.