HealthWise Screening Event
August 9, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Health Laboratory Center • Jackson College Central Campus
Jackson College will present the HealthWise Screening Event from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 9, 2019 in the Health Laboratory Center on the Jackson Central Campus. HealthWise provides an opportunity for community members to choose from a variety of health screening services available free of charge. A variety of services will be offered.
SCREENINGS – BY APPOINTMENT
- Panel Cholesterol Testing
Available for a charge of $20. Blood sample is collected with a finger stick. The test requires patients to be fasting, nothing to eat or drink for 8 hours prior.
- Vascular Arterial Screening
Carotid Artery Stenosis, Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD), Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AA)
- Venous Insufficiency Screening
If you suffer from leg swelling, varicose veins, feeling of heaviness in legs.
- Oral Cancer Screening
You may also call 517.990.1374 to schedule your appointment.
SCREENINGS AND SERVICES –
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
- Blood pressure
- Chair massages: by Sacred Touch Massage
- Chiropractic services with Dr. Chuck Ferry: Includes consultation, chiropractic examination (postural analysis, range of motion and spinal analysis), orthopedic examinations as needed.
- Diabetic foot care and education
- Exit Consultations: conducted by Rachel Nichols, NP from the Jackson College Health Clinic
- Glucose testing
- Healthy Snacks
- Hearing Screenings: provided by Dr. Kristin Regan of Here 4 You Hearing Center
- Heart Healthy Walk – Register Here
- Jackson College Oasis tours and information on mental health.
- Pulmonary function
- Total cholesterol testing: conducted by Henry Ford Allegiance Health Laboratory and Jackson College
JC Health Clinic
JC Health Clinic