Step 1: Instructor/Navigator Contact
- If you are taking a course test, your Instructor must reach out to the Testing Lab first. They will send a class list along with a list of items you can have during your test and the time limit.
- If you are taking a course placement test, your Navigator must reach out to the Testing Lab first. They will send your name along with what class you are trying to test out of.
Step 2: Visit the Testing Lab during open hours
- After your Instructor/Navigator has contacted the Testing Lab, you are approved to visit the testing lab during open hours to take your test.
Step 3: Items to Have
At Your Appointment
- For security purposes, all students must have a valid form of one of the following IDs: Federal-issued ID, State-issued ID, Jackson College ID, Passport, or High school ID (if applicable)
- Items permitted by your Instructor
What not to have
- Book bags, purses, and other personal items (leave them in your vehicle or at home)
- Items not on the list of what your Instructor allows.
- CELL PHONES or an electronic device of any kind (unless instructed otherwise)
- Any item that enables cheating
Any suspected cheating will result in termination of your exam session and will be immediately reported to administration and to your instructor for investigation and appropriate disciplinary actions.
Credit by Examination
Credit by Examination Procedure
- The student contacts the Department Chair to determine if a Credit by Exam is appropriate and available for the course.
- The student meets with the Department Chair to complete the Credit by Examination form. A Faculty Evaluator is assigned.
- The Testing Lab receives an Instructor Proctoring form and the exam from the assigned Faculty Evaluator. The Testing Lab then works with the student to schedule an appointment. The Credit by Exam is then administered to the student at the appointment.
- The Credit by Exam is evaluated by a faculty evaluator, graded, and forwarded along with the application to the appropriate dean for approval. The dean’s office then forwards to the Registrar for final processing.
NOTE: Success Measures – The student must complete the Credit by Examination for the specific course achieving the appropriate grade point as designated by the department in order to receive the credit for the course.
If you have any questions regarding the Credit by Exam procedure and policy, please contact the Registrar.
Students who need special accommodations due to physical impairments or learning disabilities must contact the Center for Student Success to set up accommodations. Students must make arrangements at least one week prior to taking the exam with the testing lab. The testing lab is equipped with assistive technology for all students.
Step 1: Submit your Instructor proctoring form request at least 48 business hours prior to the open date of your exam.
- The Testing Lab will still be offering a limited capacity of virtual appointments. These will be intended for students who have technology issues, need a different testing time than the one offered by the Instructor, or that live over two hours away.
Step 2: Students attend a testing session.
- Virtual Testing Students will need to schedule appointments 48 business hours in advance.
- After the close date of the exam, Instructors may pick up their exams if needed.
Copies of the test or the passwords to the test need to be submitted to the Testing Lab with the Instructor proctoring form.
All tests (virtual and in-person) are by appointment only and must be scheduled 48 business hours in advance by the student. (Instructors must submit the Instructor proctoring form before the student can schedule.)
If your student has accommodations, please note that in the “Other (Specify)” box of the form or in the email. These students will need a separate Instructor proctoring form which will need to be submitted to the Center for Student Success (JCCSS@jccmi.edu).
For any additional questions, please email the Testing Lab at TestingLab@jccmi.edu.
Bert Walker Hall, Room 121
Jackson College Central Campus
2111 Emmons Road • Jackson, MI 49201
|Monday||Walk-In Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Walk-In Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Walk-In Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||Walk-In Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Friday||Virtual testing only by appointment|
|Select Saturday Hours||10 a.m. – 2 p.m: Sept. 9 & 23, Oct. 14 & 28, Nov. 11 & 18, Dec. 9 & 16|
Contact the Testing Lab
General Information & Special Needs Accommodations
Testing Lab Proctor: 517.796.8421
Question for the Testing Lab?