Welcome to the Solution Center at Jackson College. The Solution Center serves as the front door to Information Technology.
Customer service is our first priority as we work to provide technical support and problem resolution, answer information technology-related questions, communicate service maintenance and outages, and identify areas where our customers may require additional technology support and training opportunities.
The Solution Center is supported by Information Technology staff and our student consultants. Our Solution Center student consultants are knowledgeable in many areas of Information Technology and can resolve first-level technical problems as well as answer questions about our technology policies and the college community.
We look forward to assisting students and employees with all of their JC technology-related needs.
The Jackson College Solution Center is committed to providing a knowledge-based support system to maintain client productivity. In fulfilling its mission, the Jackson College Solution Center will:
- Provide information to assist clients with the completion of their work
- Identify knowledge needed to maintain client productivity
- Deliver knowledge-based support via web, e-mail, telephone, or chat support
Initiating Work Requests
All technical work requests are requested through the Jackson College Solution Center.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 517.796.8639
- Walk-in: Atkinson Hall, Room 203
- Computers for testing and research
- Multi-functional Printers (MFP’s)
- Black and white laser prints (two-sided)
- Color prints are restricted to classes identified by the deans
- External USB CD/DVD drive for check-out
- CV-WiFI Network access (Available for Campus View residents only)
- Notebooks and other equipment is available for checkout for Jackson College employees.
Winter 2021 Semester Hours
The Jackson College Solution Center will be closed Thursday, December 24th through Sunday, January 3rd for the winter semester break. We will reopen on Monday, January 4th at 8AM.Intersession courses will run from Monday, December 21st through Friday, January 8th. If you are in need of assistance while the Solution Center is closed for the winter semester break, please follow the emergency voicemail procedure to leave us a message.
- Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Closed on Saturday and Sunday
After Hours Emergency Assistance: Please call 517.796.8639 for further directions on after hours emergency assistance.