The Medical Assistant program will prepare you to become a multi-skilled health care practitioner trained to work in business or clinical settings. Jackson College’s program can be finished in as little as 10-months and includes a non-paid practicum experience with a licensed health care practitioner.
Students are eligible and encouraged to take the AAMA Medical Assistant Certification exam to become a Certified Medical Assistant [CMA (AAMA)], upon successful completion of the program.
Get Credits for Certification!
Earn your AAMA Certification and become eligible for up to 33 credits towards the Associate Degree of Allied Health General Studies!
All Applicants Must:
- Possess a High school diploma or GED
- Complete a drug screen
- Criminal background check
- Physical exam, providing proof of vaccinations: MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis), Varicella, Hepatitis B, Covid-19 Vaccination, Annual TB Testing (PPD skin test or blood test accepted), Annual Influenza Vaccination
PROJECTED JOB OPENINGS
What Can I Expect?
- Classroom and clinical lab learning
- Preparation for the National Medical Assistant Exam
- Foundation for entry level medical positions
- Training to work in business and clinical parts of a medical office
- Ability to assist physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, optometrists
What Will I Learn?
- Anatomy of each body system
- OSHA & blood borne pathogen training
- Preparing for clinical procedures
- Patient screening
- Cardiology and radiology
- Well child examinations
- Obstetrics/gynecology and geriatrics
- Administering injections
- Surgical procedures
- Performing CLIA waived lab testing
- Microscopy, and phlebotomy.
- Concepts of medical law
- Spelling and pronunciation of medical terms
- Documentation for medical billing
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Chiropractor Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Health Assistant
- Outpatient Surgery Assistant