Registration and Records Services (located in Bert Walker Hall) maintains the official permanent academic record – transcript of every student who attends JC.

What is the difference between an official and an issued to student transcript?

An official transcript is stamped with the College seal and signed by the registrar. An official transcript never passes through the hands of the student. Official transcripts are sent directly to the recipient, such as another institution or employer. Official transcripts cannot be carried or mailed by the student or the recipient will not accept them as official.

An issued to student transcript does not include the registrar’s signature or college seal. The transcript is marked “issued to student.” These transcripts are recommended for the student’s reference, advising and planning purposes only.

Official transcripts are printed on security paper. Issued to student transcripts are printed on white paper.

Jackson College cannot fax transcripts because there is no assurance that the recipient is the only person at the other end of the fax. Transcripts are printed on security paper, which does not allow for faxing of these documents.

Paperless Transcript Requests

To better serve students, Jackson College utilizes the National Student Clearinghouse for completely online and paperless transcript requests. No more mailing, faxing, or dropping off forms to Jackson College. Complete the entire process online and track the status of your order. All you need is an email account and a valid major credit or debit card for the nine dollar ($9) fee. Click below to get started.