Steps to Apply
Complete an online application
Note: The online application system will be down for maintenance from Dec. 15 – Dec. 22. For immediate assistance we offer you the option of using our paper process by printing and completing the paper application form. Your application can be faxed to 517.796.8446 or you may send it to Jackson College Admissions, 2111 Emmons Road, Jackson, MI 49201.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Get information on scholarships and loans.
- Send in your high school transcript if you have graduated in the last three (3) years.
- Send official college transcript only if you are requesting a transfer credit evaluation toward a JC degree.
- If you do not have transcripts, you will need to take course placement.
Course placement assesses your skill level in writing, reading, tech literacy, and math to ensure your success.Course placement may not be needed if…
- You took the ACT/SAT within the last three (3) years
- You successfully completed math and English at a previous college
- You plan on taking a JC course for personal interest or audit only
Once you have completed all the required steps to admissions, you will receive an acceptance letter. This letter will provide details on how to reserve your new student orientation time. At orientation you will meet with a student success navigator to discuss courses to register for.
Once you have completed all the above steps to admissions and have attended orientation, you will be able to register for classes.