English – Transfer Program
Students who major or minor in English can find work in a variety of fields. Careers such as writing, teaching, library science, editing and publishing are directly related to specific studies in English language and literature. English is an excellent pre-law major. Many transfer institutions require that English majors have proficiency in a foreign language. The level of this proficiency varies – some require third-semester proficiency but more require fourth semester proficiency.
Suggested Course Sequence
First Year, Fall Semester
- ENG 131, MAT 131, MAT 139 or MAT 141*, foreign language, Michigan Transfer Agreement science course
First Year, Spring Semester
- ENG 132, ENG 246, foreign language, Michigan Transfer Agreement science course
First Year, Summer Semester
- Michigan Transfer Agreement social science courses
Second Year, Fall Semester
- ENG 247, ENG 255, ENG 261, foreign language
Second Year, Spring Semester
- ENG 252, ENG 256, foreign language, Michigan Transfer Agreement social science course, COM 231
*Check mathematics requirements of transfer institution.