Jackson College Advantage
The Jackson College Advantage scholarship pays for tuition and student service fees for qualifying high school students!
Jackson College Advantage
About the Scholarship
The Jackson College Advantage scholarship pays for tuition and student service fees beyond those covered by other financial aid sources — federal, state, institutional or private aid awards. It may be renewed for up to three academic years or the completion of an associate degree.
No separate application is necessary – if you meet the eligibility requirements below, these funds are yours and will be applied to your expenses!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other applications for federal, state, institutional, or private funding.
- Be a 2023 graduate from a Jackson County public, private or charter high school or approved in-district high school (Chelsea High School, Homer High School, North Adams-Jerome High School, Leslie High School, Litchfield High School, Manchester High School, and Stockbridge High). Students completing a GED in 2023 are also eligible.
- Enroll in an eligible associate degree program and take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Students must have an annual household income of $75,000 or less and an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)- as determined by the FAFSA- of $11,000 or less.
- 1. Meet the above eligibility requirements including filing a FAFSA, annual household income of $75,000 or less and an EFC of $11,000 or less and enrolling in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Completion rate of 67% or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my program is financial aid eligible?
If you are unsure if your program of study is financial aid eligible, please contact your Financial Aid Specialist for confirmation.
What if I am not eligible?
If you are not eligible for Jackson College Advantage Jackson College has other ways to help you afford college. Please contact a financial aid specialist at 517.796.8410 or e-mail email@example.com.Find your financial aid specialist
How long will I be eligible to receive these funds?
Students are eligible to receive these funds for three academic years or until the completion of an associate degree.
Why was I not awarded?
Students must have graduated from an in-district high school in 2023, maintain a 2.0 GPA, progress towards a financial aid eligible associate degree, and have tuition charges remaining after federal, state, institutional and private funding have been awarded to receive Jackson College Advantage funding.
If I take a semester off, am I still eligible?
Yes, students do not need to enroll in consecutive semesters to remain eligible but must continue to meet all eligibility requirements.
Can I appeal if I do not meet the GPA or completion requirements?
Yes, students may complete a Financial Aid or Non-Academic appeal and if approved, remain eligible for Jackson College Advantage providing all other eligibility requirements are met.
Can these funds be awarded to the summer semester?
Yes, funds may be awarded to the summer semester providing students meet all eligibility requirements.
I received my GED or completed homeschooling in 2023, am I eligible?
Yes, students who are Jackson County residents and obtained their GED or completed homeschooling in 2023 in Jackson County are eligible.
Does this cover fees?
Yes, the Jackson College Advantage covers in-district tuition and student service fee charges not already covered by federal, state, institutional or private funds.
How much will this award be?
Awards vary based on other federal, state, institutional and private funds already awarded to the student.
- How do I know if my program is financial aid eligible?
Complete the Jackson College admission application.JC Application
File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)FAFSA Website
Helping to make a college education a reality for more students, Jackson College unveiled the Jackson College Advantage plan, providing a “last-dollar” scholarship to qualifying students.
The Jackson College Advantage scholarship will pay for tuition and student service fees beyond those covered by other financial aid sources. Even with available financial aid, the out-of-pocket expense of a college education can prove too much for many students.