Harriet Myer Student Emergency Fund
Emergency funds have been donated by friends of the College as well as employees, their families, and others who are interested in helping students succeed. When funding is available, grants are provided to meet one-time unforeseen emergencies that would otherwise prevent students from continuing their education at Jackson College.
Use of funds is dependent on the following:
- Student must demonstrate that emergency support is directly tied to their ability to remain in college
- Funds are not available for text books, software, or other classroom supplies
- These funds will cover one-time emergency needs up to $200 for one time use
- Funds do not cover tuition, fees or on-campus housing
- Funds will not be made available for ongoing needs (rent, medication, car payments) or expenses beyond one-time, unforeseeable emergencies.
- Funds will not be made available to cover past-due balances at the College.
In order to be eligible, students must be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- I am currently taking classes as a student at Jackson College.
- I have not requested and/or received an emergency grant in the past 12 months.
After submitting the application, the student will be contacted within 48 business hours. Do not contact the Foundation directly. Proof of financial hardship may be required.
Please note that application for support does not guarantee funds will be awarded.Student Emergency Fund Application