Harriet Myer Student Emergency Fund
Emergency funds have been donated by friends of the College as well as employees, their families, and others who are interested in helping students succeed. When funding is available, grants are provided to meet one-time unforeseen emergencies that would otherwise prevent students from continuing their education at Jackson College.
Use of funds is dependent on the following:
- Student must demonstrate that emergency support is directly tied to their ability to remain in college
- Funds are not available for text books, software, or other classroom supplies
- These funds will cover one-time emergency needs up to $150.
- Checks will be made payable to the company owed and not released directly to the student.
- Funds will generally not be made available to pay for tuition.
- Funds will not be made available for ongoing needs (rent, medication, car payments) or expenses beyond one-time, unforeseeable emergencies.
- Funds will not be made available to cover past-due balances at the College.
In order to be eligible, students must be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- I am a currently enrolled as a student at Jackson College.
- I have not requested and/or received an emergency grant in the past 12 months.
Students should not contact the Foundation directly for an emergency grant. A student must be referred by a professor/instructor, a counselor or student navigator. The student must complete the application and submit it to the Financial Aid Department for approval. Proof of financial hardship may be required.
Please note that application for support does not guarantee funds will be awarded.Student Emergency Fund Application