Canadian Students

Documents needed for entry as a Canadian Citizen at the Canadian/US border

  1. A valid Form I-20 (for F-1 status)
  2. Your Jackson College admission letter
  3. Original financial documents
  4. Proof of payment of the I-901 SEVIS Fee
  5. Proof of Canadian citizenship (such as a Canadian passport)
    • A border inspector will review your documents and determine your eligibility to enter the U.S. as an F-1 or J-1 student. The inspector will then stamp your passport and issue a paper version I94 card or create an I-94 record which can be retrieved via US Customs and Border Protection website here.

Please Note

  • If you are a new student entering the U.S. to begin studies at Jackson College and have an I-20 marked “Initial Attendance,” you are not permitted to enter more than 30 days before the start date indicated on your I-20.
  • Failure to obtain an I-94 card or record indicating “F-1 D/S ” may mean that your admission record may not be correct. It is essential that you request and obtain F-1 status when entering the U.S.