Jackson College welcomes students from around the world.
Applications are accepted all year. However, in order to be considered for admission the student should meet the dates listed below. This allows students sufficient time to receive their immigration documents and make travel arrangements to the U.S.
Steps to apply
- Get to know the strength of Jackson College’s academic programs, our vibrant campus community, and check out the International Student Institute.
- Complete the Jackson College International Student Application
- Attach the necessary documents to the online application.
- Explore Costs
Necessary documents for application and I-20 (for F-1 Visa)
- English Proficiency Scores: English Proficiency Requirements 61 TOEFL, 5.5 IELTS. Other tests and language proof including countries with English as the primary language will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Students may reach out to the International Student Institute to discuss other English language placement options.
- English Language Institute Intent Form
- Copy of passport photo page
- Financial Certification Form (located in FORMS section on the left)
- Bank Letter: Bank letters must be official with stamp and dated within 6 months of program start date.
- Transfer Authorization Form: for students transferring from a US institution.
- Official copies of your academic records, translated into English (only required if you are applying as a nursing student or Jackson College athlete). MORE INFO.
If you are interested in joining the English Language Institute, please fill out the ELI Intent Form. This form must be attached to your application if you need to utilize the Jackson College Accuplacer-ESL test for English proficiency test scores. Your application will not be complete until either the test scores or ELI intent form is attached on-line.
|Semester of Admission||Recommended Deadline|
|Fall Semester (August through December)||August 1|
|Spring Semester (January through April)||November 30|
|Summer Semester (May through July)||April 15|
In addition, international students are required to provide proof of medical coverage or obtain it upon arrival. You can find helpful information on how to obtain this coverage at International Insurance and ISO Student Health Insurance.