Workforce Focus Committee
- Research and recommend best practice for workforce engagement and satisfaction
- In conjunction with the Office of Human Resources recommends an Annual Plan for Human Resources inclusive of capacity assessment, succession planning and competency review.
- Establish workforce behavior standards
- Review and recommend content and format for annual performance evaluation and workforce competency reviews
- Establish guidelines and recommend an annual plan for professional development
- Recommend and provide oversight to the college’s employee recognition programs
- With the Strategic Planning and Institutional Research & Effectiveness Committee, define the process for individual level strategic involvement and engagement
- Review information (Voice of the Employee) and recommend strategies to support employee engagement and satisfaction
- Participate in the review and development of policies and procedures required to support the workforce focus purpose and goals
- Reviewed Employee Climate Survey results and brought forward recommendations for improvement.
- Based on feedback, established several health initiatives: Weight Watchers, healthy food options and work/life balances.
- Increased professional development opportunities and developed a Professional Development website.
- Implemented a week long on-boarding process for new hires.
- Brought forward several ways to value and recognize employees with “thank you luncheons,” performance recognition pay and casual attire/jean day fundraiser.
- Brought back paid volunteer opportunities at Spring and Fall Convocation.
The Workforce Focused Committee consists of the following members:
Cindy Allen – Chair
Monica Bouman 8/1/16
Kelly Crum 10/1/13
Joyce Dunbar 8/1/15
Tina Matz 12/19/12
Mark Ott 12/19/12
Sandra Phelan 10/7/14
Becky Roberts 10/8/11
Alana Tuckey 11/17/10