Jackson College is collaborating with Google and Coursera to provide training on the basics of IT support. In this 5-course program, students will learn how to provide customer service support, troubleshooting, and debugging. IT support includes other functions like setting up computers within an organization and remote help desk. Students will also learn about algorithms, functions, and control flow that operate systems such as Linux and Domain Name Systems. At 10 hours per week, students can complete this program within 6 months.
PROJECTED JOB OPENINGS
What Can I Expect?
- Flexible scheduling
- All courses offered online
- Completion within 6 months
- Suggested pace of 10 hours per week
What Will I Learn?
- Computer assembly
- Wireless networking
- Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code
- Certificate of Completion
- Opportunity to take the CompTIA A+ exam
- Ability to earn up to 12 college credits approved by ACE
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Computer User Support Specialists
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators